Tony Levin Sound

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 7 10:22:55 CEST 2009

Gert,

>> I haven't personally checked Tony's rig, but I've had good
>> results with a compressor > phaser combination on the bass side
>
> Just read "a lot of compression plus an mxr phaser".

Great, thanks, What I'm really lookg for is this sound ;-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdPBcdHlis or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHsr7CTgAU

Mr Nick Beggs on Stick.....

Got a compressor (alesis 3630, looking at a Lexicon MPX200 for effects duties.
Building my own little rig,

NewToy tophalf -> Mixer In -> Rocktron Ganiac (for melody) -> Compressor
NewToy Bothalf -> Mixer In -> Compressor

Each Mixer Channel will have bass/trebble boost switches, Pan, Level
and FX send.

The mixer will have the ability to switch in and out "insert" effects
for each channel (a little like the Voodoo Labs GCX switcher -
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm)

There will also be an effects return from MPX200 and from there into a
stereo 200w (100w+100w) all valve PA and into a pair of ashdown
MAG210T Deep cabs.

will post more on list when it's built and I can actually play a
little, oh and it's not a Chapman Stick ;-)

Paul