Tripath TA2024

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 6 21:03:08 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> It's going to sound good and work well.
>> Better than the iPod speaker docking shit that costs a small
>> fortune ;)
>

> This looks really nice mate .. I'd love to have something like that
> myself ..

The boards aren't expensive, nor hard to come by:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=ta2024&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The red pcbs look a better design and components.
The one I got is a Sure make, probably the cheapest and noisiest design.
It's no use for plugging into the Fostex horns on my hifi (way noisy,
even with battery power), but is fine paired up with the little
inefficient speakers.

I will use this as a set of rear speakers for surround as well, if I
ever get around to wiring up the surround decoder board into the xbox
media centre / telly..

I've designed the micro speaker cabs: like this:

   __
  /  |
/   |
|   |
|   |
-----

Ace ASCII skillz. No calcs involved, just tweak with damping and maybe
some ports. The size of an A5 sheet with a corner cut off and about 80mm
deep made from 10mm plywood, finished in Danish oil and black speaker
grill cloth. Nought fancy as these will get grubby.
The drivers will be mounted in the 45 degree part, so that they can be
stood or laid various ways outdoors and also for firing back against and
up a wall for rear surround.

Ding dang doo.