Synth spotting...

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 5 16:20:39 CEST 2009

M-.-n wrote:
> What baffles me is that he is speedy but doesn't over do it with respect
> to the equilibrium of the tracks. It's just what it needs to give it
> guts and drive. Like a second singer.
>
> great other example
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2np37JNEg
>
> at 1:51
>
> I don't mean he's the best player in the world but what it does moves me
> in ways that nobody in his category does... I don't even like solos and
> DEFINETLY not organs ! :)

Yeah - you're definitely tuning in to what I admire about his playing. He's a
kind of secret Ray Manzarek, who I think was really easy to be inspired by,
whereas the same musical talent is present with Dave Greenfield, but not so
clearly delineated - which is the whole point with Greenfield - he didn't give a
damn about himself, just about the music.

Tony (HB)