A litte dms-20 video :)

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 5 12:20:44 CEST 2009

> So how sturdy, and how smooth are the plots coming out of this
> machine?

Pretty sturdy, imho.

> I've got a couple of 3D plots right in front of me, and whilst you can
> make small details with them, they're not smooth, and they tend to
> warp
> when you're holding them, making them unsuitable for the purpose for
> which they were produced (modelling).

Really depends on the model.   Structrual integrity and tensegrity is
an important consideration in the model design.  Contact through each
layer is also significant; if there isn't enough of it, you get a weak
model.  The kids at Metalab have put a lot of effort into designing
and understanding the strength issues; what at first may seem like an
'easy' object to form, often requires a few passes before you get the
strength issues optimized ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan