Currently listening to...

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 18 22:20:50 CET 2009

Romain Gros wrote:
> I love Bach ... :) Sometimes I do the conscious dream that I can be in a
> church back in this time( without electricity, radio, tv )  listening to him
> playing organs ... And see the eyes of the general  people asking to themself
> : But what the Hell this music is from !!! ??? while me i m just too busy  to
> be in a  pure orgams ...
>
> respect to the man ...

I got some of Glenn Gould playing Art of Fugue on organ. I thought, well, I'm
getting this CD for the piano, then, I heard the organ. It was... beyond...
beyond the piano. It took me back to the whole thing of machines that make
beautiful music, defying their mechanicity. I think about how it must have been,
in 1721 or whatever, to hear some of that crazy-shit music being played on a
great big *machine*, when all around, outside the town, there are just cows,
sheep, etc.

Maybe they thought they found God. Maybe they were right, and the clergy just
said, yes - that's *our* God he's making music for.

Tony (HB)