pedals/fx suggestions

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 12 16:14:18 CET 2009

Hi James,

> I would say it depends on which Big Muff Pi you have.  I absolutely love
the
> original vintage issue.  I think everything sounds great on it and the
sustain
> is forever.  I loved it so much I did a little DIY conversion of it for my

> modular rig where it gets pretty much constant use.  Later version don't
> sound the same and have more dirt and grunge than the original.

I guess I got a recent one because I purchased it at a guitar center last
december. It's a russian one. Mind you, I like it a lot, but getting some
dirty sounds through it didn't come up as magic. Clean sounds on the other
hands are great. Here's a machine drum loop with the muff acting on the
send, catching the reverb too:

http://www.gorehole.org/nostromo/2008/12/27/muffin-the-machinedrum/

>http://www.ticalun.net/images/BigMuff.jpg

Wow ! Excellent ted !!!!