Box O Trix

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 10 22:16:25 CET 2009

Hi,

I recently built a Box O Trix. Info here
http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=boxotrix

Some pic's of my unit here
http://modular.thebigear.be/#2.0

This thing can make some real noise. It's always harsh though, no subtle
distortion here.
I like the gate a lot. It can really kick in fast. The compressor is nice,
but I doubt that the sound quality is the same as an of the shelf
compressor. The Fat's are nice, but when twisting the drive knob, there is
some noise. Nothing to bad though. The Tubes are really destroying the
sound, you need to use them together with the gates. The Dirt box is yet
another distortion unit that really works well on my xOxbOx. I won't need
another distortion unit soon;-)
I hope to have some samples early next week.
But first I need to make me an enclosure, solve some last issues, and learn
to use the BOT....

Cheers,
Tom