well, I am going to Germany

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 9 01:04:55 CET 2009

On 7. Mar 09, at 17:06 , Tony Scharf wrote:

> I dont know when exactly its going to be, except that I need to get my
> passport first.  Anything/anyone I should plan to see while I am
> there?

Hey,

I'm about an hour and a half north of Cologne...

the city archive of Cologne just collapsed by the way, probably
because they perforated the ground to build a new subway there. The
building probably killed two people (one is still missing) and a guy I
used to work with lost his apartment which was half a house down the
street from the collapsing structures...

Köln is a great place. The Belgian quarter is great (it's not
inhabitated by Belgians, but all the streets have streetnames of
Belgian cities...)

I think Bonn is mostly harmless and a bit boring.

Köln has:
WDR-Radio (where Stockhausen used to work and many others)
Music Store (one of the three biggest retailers in Germany)
many many bars
many many clubs
many many live bands
the people have a very nice, sunny attitude. Should be no problem to
meet many cool people.

check out the Artheater(.de), a theater and club-venue in Ehrenfeld.
Great, dark, weird stuff and techno parties throughout entire
weekends...

then, when the sun is out there is the Aachener Weiher, a nice place
to hang out and bbq (or go gay-cruising in the woods if that's more up
your alley)

oh, there is a lot in Cologne...;)

let me know when you are there, maybe there will be a chance to meet!

all the best,
Kai