A new chapter...

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 6 00:27:29 CET 2009

Martin Naef schreef:

> Sorry I couldn't take part in this year's RPM. February was a busy month
> for me, but a successful one. I'm closing the chapter here in Glasgow
> and will be moving back to Switzerland in May, where I will take on a
> position as scientist at ABB Corporate Research. I've had a very good

No train stopping in front of the door. A bus, yes, but the train is
easily 15 minutes on foot. ;)

> 4.5 years in Scotland, but now it's time for a new step in my career.
> We're now busy checking out places to rent and all the other stuff
> that's involved in an international move (Jay knows what I'm talking
> about...), so that will probably keep us busy for a while before I'll be
> heading back into the studio...

Golly gee willikers, when you moved to Mackintosh Town I thought: "Damn,
I'd wanted to visit Martin and Ilona in Switzerland and now it's too
late. Oh well, better make plans to travel to Scotland." So that problem
has solved itself nicely: in one fell swoop, you have almost halved the
distance between our residences (which goes to show how bloody well
south I live).

Having said that, you know as well as the next parent how feasible a
trip abroad is that does not involve visiting the grandparents, so you
can keep a few removal boxes in the guest room for now. I'll help you
throw them away if they're still there after a few years. ;)

By the way, our Hungarian colleague has buggered off to Edinburgh, and
the... um... perhaps not so punctual Maltese public transport may have
been a contributing factor to his departure. Then, a few weeks ago, we
had a Hungarian Oracle instructor who was positively obsessed with
punctuality.

I was wondering, is this typically Hungarian? Is this why you and Ilona
are such a good match? :)

But congratulations on your new job, and your moving back to the heimat!
And on the superior food, of course. :)

- Peter