A new chapter...

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 5 15:00:32 CET 2009

Jay,

ibi sum wrote:
> Well, good luck Martin .. as a guy who has completely uprooted his
> life and moved to another part of the planet 4 times now, I can
> certainly feel for the issues you might be facing right now .. but I'm

Yup.

> positive you won't be missing the food! :)

Yes, I am very much looking forward to having a proper canteen again for
lunch instead of the small assortment of sandwich places and ASDA crap
in our region. However, I will miss the fishmonger nearby, the massive
chineese supermarket where I could get scallops and prawns in all sizes
for peanuts, or the occasional haggies...

> I hope your position at ADD gives you plenty of opportunities to have
> a music-making personal life, at least what is left of it after you

ABB has a very responsible work time policy, although I won't have the
super-comfortable 7 weeks of holidays or the 35h week anymore. But then,
the latter was mostly theoretical anyway...

> subtract the Daddy and Husband times from your daily schedule (man, I
> know how hard that can be .. this week so far I've had  so very little
> time for my own projects .. I'm going crazy .. I need to write some
> music soon or else chuck everything away and never look back ..)

I know what you mean, but I'm not yet at the point where I'd miss it too
much. I could spend more time in the studio after Pascal goes to sleep,
but I often choose to spend it with Ilona watching a movie instead. So
it's my choice, really.

> Anyway, are you going to be having a bit of a "Leaving Edinburgh"
> party?  I hope it goes well for you man ..

I'll certainly have a couple of pub nights out with friends and
colleagues - but time is running fast now.

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch
http://www.myspace.com/navisto