Cheese making

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 30 12:03:33 CEST 2009

Cheeeeeeese.

I must be getting really retro if I decided to have a bash at making
cheese. I think cottage cheese may be the easiest, but Anita hates that.
Got some Rennet and a bunch of reduced price whole milk and tried to
make some mozzarella instead, based on one of these:

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html

Getting that clean break was nearly a surprise! :)

It even tastes like mozzarella, heh. Texture isn't like shop bought
stuff though. Try a different method next time.

Pizza tonight.

I really want to make blue cheese rounds, but that's a bit trickier.
Love soft, creamy Stilton.
Maybe in the shed when the temps go down again.

Btw. Unless you get cheap milk, have your own cows, goats or buffalo
(lol) then making cheese costs more than just buying it and takes a lot
of effort. Unless you make a lot. The only ones that might be cheaper
are the blue cheeses or other expensive varieties.