Watchmen

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 29 16:57:48 CEST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "komatos" <komatos at comcast.net>
To: "Music-bar" <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 10:46:20 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Watchmen

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Dong" <dong at f2s.com>
To: "Music-bar" <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:37:25 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Watchmen

For whoever recommended Knowing as a must see film, I must say that I
disagree very strongly. I've never seen Mr Cage so wooden (hey, can't
tell either way) and the story was like the text of a bunch of pre-teen
Christianity school wannabe degenerates grabbing random conspiracies,
linking them together with the word 'and' all under a single breath.

IMHO :)
Dong--

That would've been me.  It's either a love-it or hate-it type of movie.  While the very end of the movie (after the end-of-the-world sequence) was a little too new-agey for my tastes, what I really liked & got out of the movie were the messages (and the great SFX).  That's why I enjoyed it so much.  The first supposition Knowing questions is whether what happens in peoples' lives are truly random (i.e. chaos) or whether there is some unseen order or fate/destiny running behind the fabric of time.  The basic premises of the movie are "Live life to the fullest. You never know which day is gonna be your last." and "Respect all life on earth (or in the universe for that matter).  It's a sacred thing."

That, and the disaster scenes (The plane crash and the train wreck, along with the End of the World scene) were very well done and I think Cage acted well enough to convey the sense of emotion one might encounter under such circumstances.

--komatos/wasted