New Track - Space Hopper Girl

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 25 00:09:04 CEST 2009

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> Joost Schuttelaar skrev:
>>> ..okay, its not really new to some of you as I did put out an early
>>> version for comments, all of which were taken on board and many hours
>>> later, its finished!
>> Love it. Great track. Would be curious to hear the before & after SOS
>> mix...
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul09/articles/mixrescueaudio.htm

Hey Paul,

I can't believe I'm saying this about a MOR mag like SOS, but actually they make
it swing more after about 30s, and (I don't think) this has anything to do with
modifying the groove, just giving some kinda space for the rhythm to work in a
different way. I *way* prefer the soundscape you use in the original, because
it's brash, and the sounds speak for themselves, but I gotta remember this is
music, and movement is involved, physical movement, and, sickening though it is
to admit it, I think they did something that moves this music into another
musical medium.

I actually think your sounds are perfect, and the SOS soundscape is not, BUT,
they are using their tired production clichés in a physical narrative (to dance
to), which is something (I guess), that isn't going on in the original, because
you set the groove, and move to and from it, like binary, which isn't organic. I
think the binary thing works when you're sitting down. Not so much when you're
standing up. 10 0 1 00 1 11 000 1 01 etc

Top work, dude.

Tony (HB)