New Track - Space Hopper Girl

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 22 13:40:34 CEST 2009

I -like- the track, but I can't help feeling that its somehow ..
"lifeless", or "soulless", is about the only way I can describe it.
Technically, all the lego blocks are in place, but maybe there's a
distinct lack of color ones.  Sorry, not trying to be critical, but as
an avid Punkdisco track I feel its my duty to report the truth.

All the technical aspects are aligned, but the track itself .. I
dunno.  There is a distinct "meh" after-taste, at least to my ears.
Like I just watched a TV commercial and wanna get back to the soap
opera.  Might not help that lately all I've been listening to is The
Knife/Fever Ray, The Emperor Machine, and Jay&Stan Jams, on seriously
rotation, and this is coloring my opinion.. TEM and Knife are
definitely palate-altering substances ..

Perhaps the thing is, I've become musically encumbered by surrealists,
and Space Hopper Girl leaps in a surreal direction, landing on a
different Twister color than I would've liked, at least since, in my
head, its Naked Twister, and the sisters are down to their panties ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan