New Toy - Novation SL Zero

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 16 02:15:29 CEST 2009

I had to get rid of my Novation SL61 as it caused all sorts of audio hiccups when I was using it with Live.  I had the latest Automap version, but found myself not using it and disabling the littler server client part of it that would start up.  I contacted Novation support and they wanted me to start by disconnecting all other external devices to troubleshoot.  I had to say No Thanks, and went and got myself the Roland Edirol PCR-800.  Everything is back to normal now :-)

mohsen

________________________________
From: punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk>
To: Music-bar <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:14:49 PM
Subject: New Toy - Novation SL Zero

Hey all – back from LIMs and got one of these:

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/midi_controller/zero_sl_mk_ii

Its all pretty sexy. I think it will be replacing my Doepfer
Drehbank but will have to see how well it works with my lovely MKS80.

I have been intrigued by the Novation Automap technology for
a year or two. Today I have had the usual setup nonsense but the small success I
have had have been very arousing.

I got this version as I figures I needed knobs directly
under my monitor, along with a keyboard which had to be separate due to space
issues.

I will give a bit more feedback after I have done more with
it..

(very quiet day btw)..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick
subhumans"