Nice little music-specific Linux distro - pure:dyne

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 10 20:39:04 CEST 2009

I just got one of these in the mail:

http://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/wiki/GetPureDyne

Booted it up on my AMD quad-core machine, and .. it kicks ass!  No
longer necessary to tweak and config and set up and all that .. from
now on whenever I want to do some Linux jamming at Stans, I just take
this along with me and boot .. Music-making on a PC just got as easy
as game-playing on an Xbox.

Just put in the media, boot, and away we go.  Everything just works -
it autodetected my hardware without any sweat whatsoever, and I got
straight into a seq24+zynaddsubfx session very easily .. first started
up Jack, then zynaddsubfx, then seq24, connected seq24 -> zynaddsubfx,
and away we go .. added an amSynth session, easy as pie.

So .. all you doubters .. if you want to try out Linux in an Audio
production setup, this is a pretty good option.  Cheap, too!

;
--
Jay Vaughan