Netbooks

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 10 15:33:57 CEST 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> The new Macbook Pro 13" is looking sexy. Not exactly a netbook,
> but still small and powerful, plus FW800!.

Mac hardware is the best, IMO.

However, check Linux compatibility with the specific model (ie, I have a MB
SantaRosa 4,1, and those last three characters made a whole lot of difference).

Usually there are no showstoppers, but latest MB hardware may include unknown
quantities, and is usually much more difficult than models that are at least six
months old. You will need *time* (maybe a day or so), to hack it into place,
assuming drivers are available.

Then you'll have the best hardware with the best software :)

Tony (HB)