Netbooks

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 9 15:35:50 CEST 2009

The newer Asus eee pcs with the atom processor are cool as can be.  I've
been using mine for about a year now and love it.  I wouldn't do anything
but get email and light work with though.  I had XP on it but then tries out
Ubuntu.  I think the performance is the same for both OS and the battery
life was much better under XP.  If I cared I'd switch back but as I really
only use it for web and email, I haven't bothered.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Tony Scharf
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:37 AM
To: Music-bar
Subject: Netbooks

Any preferences?  I am doing so many meetings, that lugging my
development machine around is getting really boring (and my back is
starting to complain). I am thinking of something small like a dell
MINI or Acer aspire would work great.

I checked out the Asus eee pcs, but the cellurons in them seem to make
them run a bit hot...

Suggestions?

OS doesn't matter.  It will be reloaded with ubuntu.

Tony