how to make pretty pictures for managers

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 4 23:25:03 CEST 2009

Tony Scharf schreef:

> *sigh*..oh for the days I worked alone..

Yeah, but it's like the difference between working directly on the
hardware level, and using an API.

If you're on your own, you can pretty much do whatever you like, and as
for maintenance by another person, well, he'd better get used to your
coding style.

But if you have to work with other people, and guide/manage those people
(if I understand the situation correctly), you need a common language,
or a common way of working. Jay's suggestion for a dictionary is
excellent, I'd never thought of it myself.

It's not easy, and it's a skill that has to be learned, but even now at
work, I get to guide a 23 year old developer - very keen, very eager,
and he makes mistakes exactly once - and it's quite fun, really.

- Peter