petersontuners to

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jul 23 14:32:10 CEST 2009

Romain / rXg wrote:
> Hi guys ,
> I would like to know if someone tried this device "Universal Guitar to
> MIDI Converter"
>
> https://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=149&page=1
> <https://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=149&page=1>
>
> Also I wish to know what barians think in general about guitar and midi
> interaction ( playing midi note with guitar) ?/

1. The perceptual relationship between sound and cause is broken. If you can
play the instrument well, then some of the detail and music you're creating will
be lost. If you cannot play the instrument well, then you'd be better off with a
keyboard anyway.

2. There is no software that is able to interpret the starting transient of the
waveforms so that the triggered sounds start at the same time. There is a delay
of at least a millisecond, and the delay is inconsistent.

3. I think it may be very useful for songwriting, though - if you're a guitarist
that wants to put a bunch of notes into a sequencer, for example, and keyboard
is not your natural instrument.

Tony (HB)