Maschine ist zet Gut

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 15 04:09:53 CEST 2009

So, I'm really liking Maschine.  I still have to get all familiar with it and all, but its the most damn fun I've had in a long time with a piece of gear.

Top things so far :

- just plain fun.  There is so much to play with.  Hours of fun to be had...

- The software-hardware combo is working out fantastically.  It's the best of all the features from grooveboxes combined with a great software interface.

- You can tell a lot of thought went into the design of it, from the library to the interfaces, both hw and sw.

- The library sounds great.

- You can import your own samples into the library and give it a unique set of tags to further qualify them.

- The hardware unit *feels* good.  I also have the Korg kontrolPad, but was always not quite warmed up to it, some of it due to its size.  The NI unit has that Akai feel to it, and that's good for a beat making device.

- The feature set is great, including all the splice and dicing of your own loops, samples, etc.

- Is also a VST plugin, so you can have as many instances as your CPU allows.

- Has control templates for Live (But I did order the Akai APC-40 for that :-) ).

Anyway, I am over the fear of having just *another* groovebox thingy on my hand.  I do think the price is perhaps a tad on the high side, but maybe that'll change soon.

Zer Gut.

Mohsen