BS 1363 female plug?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 14 18:49:25 CEST 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Continuing a tradition of asking obscure questions...

Although not entirely 'pro', if I come across a euro, or two pin socket
device and am low on wall sockets, I sometimes simply lop the plug off
and wire it into an existing plug i.e. if a VCR, I might wire the TV and
VCR into THE SAME PLUG. If I feel like it, might even change the fuse.

Since no professional electrician, plumber, decorator or Tom-Dick-Harry
has ever been contracted to do work in or outside this house in 15
years, regardless of countless cold calls and fearful door visits, who
is going to slap my wrists over what boils down to a minor practicality?

(There are far too many conmen posing as legit companies here. Being
fooled once could cost thousands of pounds for a job you can do
yourself, to a higher standard, for less than £50)