What do I need?

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 7 18:13:53 CEST 2009

Here is what I did, got rid of my 24 ch. desk, replaced it with a multi I/O Firewire audio card from Echo Audio and a patch bay.

I tried out the Personus Firestudio as well as the M-Audio 16 channel Firewire card.  The Presonus would not work smoothly with Ableton Live on my machine.  So, I was deciding between Echo and M-Audio, and I did a listening test between those two and really liked the Echo card.  Have been really happy with this whole approach.  I've also made my working area much more cleaner.

mohsen

________________________________
From: "Gorman, Declan" <declan_gorman at moduslink.com>
To: Music-bar <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:15:38 AM
Subject: What do I need?

Hey guys,
  I am making
some additions to my home studio and would appreciate some advice on
recording.  I have only ever had the need to record one thing at a time in
Ableton Live but now I am looking for the ability to record more.  At the
moment I have my mixing desk routed back into my soundcards only input but this
limits me to recording one input at a time and it also records from the sound
card so anything else playing gets recorded.  I plan on having at least 4
other units plugged into the mixer so I would like to be able to record them
all separately and at the same time if necessary.

  So what do
I need?  Do I need a new sound card with more inputs?  Do I need a
new mixer with separate outputs?  How do you guys do it?

Regards,

Declan.