What do I need?

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 7 10:15:38 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

  I am making some additions to my home studio and would appreciate some
advice on recording.  I have only ever had the need to record one thing
at a time in Ableton Live but now I am looking for the ability to record
more.  At the moment I have my mixing desk routed back into my
soundcards only input but this limits me to recording one input at a
time and it also records from the sound card so anything else playing
gets recorded.  I plan on having at least 4 other units plugged into the
mixer so I would like to be able to record them all separately and at
the same time if necessary.

  So what do I need?  Do I need a new sound card with more inputs?  Do I
need a new mixer with separate outputs?  How do you guys do it?

Regards,

Declan.