Just ordered...

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 6 23:58:48 CEST 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

>> Hehe, right the Phantom, it was so incredible that they decided to
>> scrap it and focus the company on keyboard holders instead.
>

> I don't know if Phantom was trying to do that, but I do know there are
> some newcomers to the 'render-farm game server' scene, and apparently
> its working well enough for now .. I mean, for near realtime stuff it
> doesn't make sense, but for 3D modelling .. sure .. the cloud might be
> useful at some point, I guess.

My first thought is actually security, in my case some projects I am
under NDA so I would not trust content being streamed back and forth
with a third party. But in reality aren't we all using 3rd party
servers for our email, so I guess it's a moot point.

Rent-a-render farm, especially an automated version would indeed be
cool but I think there are way to many variables right now to make it
worth it as a buisness model.