Just ordered...

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 6 02:12:12 CEST 2009

On Jul 5, 2009, at 2:15 PM, Mikael Hansson wrote:

> ...a MBP 13.3", 2.53GHz, 4GB, 250GB and a 16GB Touch.
>
> Used my student status to get Apple-On-Campus rebate. Ended up with
> around 1275 euro for the MBP and 95 euro for the Touch.

cool, it's nice how they brought the fit and finish of the pro's down
to the smaller screen sizes again like the 12" powerbooks were. My
girlfriend got a 15" through her school, did not get a huge discount
but a free iPod touch :P

Except for my early screen quality problems I'm loving my 17", it's
amazing having a powerful laptop with a slightly larger than HD
display so thin, quiet and light. Right now my only monitor setup is
the laptop screen and a wacom cintiq 12wx and it's sweet. I only miss
a big ol' quad or octo desktop during big aftereffects and 3d
rendering sessions but it's totally manageable, this machine is pretty
quick at rocking out frames. And the new batteries kick ass, at
production meetings when others are fumbling to plug in power cords my
battery just lasts and lasts.