finally a design not made by Apple ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 24 18:22:47 CET 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Well, I don't, really. I've got a laptop at work and whilst I took it
> home over the Christmas holidays, I forgot the power supply and only
> found out when I got back to work.

I don't use the laptop at home very much either, but that's because
we've already got two computers in the house, so I'm not surprised you
didn't use it. I did find it rather handy when I spent three weeks at my
parent's place, though.

> As for the full-size keyboard, a friend of mine has one that works via
> Bluetooth and folds up to about the size of a double CD case. He uses it

Nice. Does he also have a display that folds up? I'm well aware that I
could buy a big massive mobile phone that does a lot of my computing
needs, but it will either have a big fat display and hence won't fit
comfortably into my pockets, or it's too small to read documents properly.

Last but not least, those flashy phones aren't really cheaper than a laptop.

> with his Nokia N95 and N800. Whether this combo does projections I don't
> know, but as soon as projectors start supporting Bluetooth, who knows.

It's going to be a while before Bluetooth is fast enough to stream full
resolution video, and it's going to be even longer until you can count
on all venues actually having such facilities. Even today, the standard
is still 1024x768 on an analogue VGA connector...

Martin