GorF Prototype Video

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 18 19:34:04 CET 2009

Paul,

> I think the small size could be a benefit..
> - small very cool; a step sequencer that fits in your pocket!!  Nice..

That's what I thought.

> But, what about knobs?  It looks like you will not have room for
> knobs..  Is
> it going to be know-less?

yep, the original pots I used had a 'splined' stop so they felt quite
nice to turn.
These aren't as nice and they're D shaped, so I need to find something
better.

> Btw, is it possible to allow it to run on batteries?  If you are
> going for
> the "very cool and usable toy" angle, having it battery operated would
> really be a big benefit.

I'm working on that, I need to see what the current drain is.
But in theory it'd run of a PP3 (9V) but I'm not sure for how long,
it's one of the tests I want to do.

> But yeah, I think you have found a very small niche in the market..
> Well
> done..

Cheers, I only built it to test Defender, but lots of people seem to
be interested.

Paul