Netbook, GCC on windows

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 11 20:19:26 CET 2009

Guys,

  Ok, so I joined the netbook world today. I bought an Acer Aspire One
with windows, 120G HDD, 1G Ram, wi-fi, etc, etc and so far I'm rally
impressed. My wife also got one, but with Linux and she's loving hers.
I got windows because I want to retain use of my Compiler
(CodeVisionAVR), and it will only be used for coding work (and VMWare
Fusion's USB interface doesn't work with my programmer, believe me I
tried everything).

  So, I'd like to install GCC so I can build simple command line apps
(the one I wrote on the Mac, I'd like to compile and build on my
little PC), now, is there an "idiots guide" to installing GCC and then
compiling a "Hello World" app under windoze xp?

  Many thanks
Paul