What makes you puke?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 10 13:34:33 CET 2009

Enrique schreef:

> With the chinese exception, I guess is not your nation, Peter. I truly
> belive
> is something with us mediterranean people. I love fireworks and the smell
> of gunpowder. I always look foward to attend some of it live. Meanwhile I
> find watching on video quite boring: It lacks of heat, ear-pain and the
> smell:

Well, the Maltese take this Mediterranean fascination with fireworks to
the next level. Here is a video of the fireworks of the festa in Lija, a
rather affluent village in the centre of Malta that is famous for its
fireworks:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=J4d06AGMmwo

Search on YouTube for 'malta' and 'fireworks' and you'll see what I mean.

Incidentally, it's the next village from ours, and because of the
population density, there's no clear boundary where Attard ends and Lija
starts.

Zebbug (which means 'olive') is a village a bit further away, some 2 km
as the duck flies (we don't have crows, but we do have ducks), and
they're a bit more obsessed with loud bangs. Their 'petards' rattle our
windows. Mind, across that distance.

- Peter