What makes you puke?

Enrique EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 10 12:50:22 CET 2009

> Oh, I thought you meant the faux Paris surroundings of Las Vegas that
> made you sick. :)

LOL. I thought "WTF is this" (meaning where the F* they were) seeing the
 replicas when I first watched this jump on TV.

> Personally, I don't have a fear of heights. Back in the late 90's, when
> digital cameras were a novelty and they still worked with 3.5" floppy
> drives, I borrowed one of these from work to make photos from the
> windows of my flat.

Never heard of cameras w/ 3'5" disks before! :-O

> Which is why I wouldn't jump either up or down the Arc de Triomphe,
> either the real thing (which is considerably bigger) or the Mickey Mouse
> version in Vegas, because of this thing called 'survival instinct'.

I wouldn't consider ever doing such a thing. Neither I find it funny.
What I really find astonishing is that the rider can't do much trial & error
with this kind of thing. How does he reherseal *this*!?

> The only real phobia I have is for explosions, more generally bangs
> (including popping balloons). So living in the most fireworks-obsessed
> nation on the planet, save for perhaps China, is sometimes an issue.

With the chinese exception, I guess is not your nation, Peter. I truly
belive
is something with us mediterranean people. I love fireworks and the smell
of gunpowder. I always look foward to attend some of it live. Meanwhile I
find watching on video quite boring: It lacks of heat, ear-pain and the
smell:

This one was less a month ago. I find the last 2 minutes excellent:
<http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=lnMWaki_CyY>

Each year the event is broadcasted live on TV (¡and radio!) Look at the -db
meter
in the top left corner of the screen! It peaks and clip. This is f* analog
distortion! lol!
<http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=QAL8trAS6Dw>