using plugins (compressor) DURING recording in Logic

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 24 11:52:18 CET 2009

Gert van Santen a écrit :
> 1. is it possible to insert a compressor in an audio track in
> Logic, and record your instrument or voice INCLUDING the effect
> of the compressor?

You could always record it as is and then bounce it to an effected
track. In a way it leaves you more freedom right ?

> 2. Also: is it true that when using a compressor or limiter this
> way, it won't protect you from clipping, since the
> compression/limiting is happening after the AD-conversion?

It certainly won't cope for any overload prior to getting in the logic
environment. So I'd say it's true, but you just have to get a signal
that isn't too 'hot'

Let us know the developments !

Cheers
Marc.