using plugins (compressor) DURING recording in Logic

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 24 11:43:46 CET 2009

Guys,

I'm trying out some new options for recording, and I was
wondering, since I am used to use a (hardware) compressor when
recording vocals, bass or whatever:

1. is it possible to insert a compressor in an audio track in
Logic, and record your instrument or voice INCLUDING the effect
of the compressor?

I have checked the internet, and there's some talk about input
objects, but I just don't seem to get it.

2. Also: is it true that when using a compressor or limiter this
way, it won't protect you from clipping, since the
compression/limiting is happening after the AD-conversion?

Thanks for your ideas!
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n