Be Warned...

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 17 19:42:42 CET 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 19:19 , Jay Vaughan wrote:

> Why *do* people use
> Facebook in the first place?

That is a very good question... I think many people use FaceBook
because it offers them an easy way to share photo's with friends. And
because it offers an easy way to send someone a message (replacement
for e-mail, easier than going to hotmail.com etc). All your contacts
in one place. Getting back in touch.

I have the feeling that the social-update side of things is less
important than the above... what's person X doing? Where's the party?
That's only ingrained in the <20-25 generation for the most part.

The Facebook flow is quite a nice one for all your communication...
not to many of us who have their own methods (real e-mail client,
uploading stuff to some webserver), but it is to the user who just has
access to a computer and a webbrowser.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL