New track - Mikael meats Imogen (in his dreams)

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 14 15:08:23 CET 2009

Mikael Hansson schreef:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> I think there are one or two places where you might want to check
>> / change some notes in the music, because there seems to be a bit
>> of friction between your track and the vocals.
>>

> You mean the word 'love' at 1.04 and 3.33? I'm up to it. I already had
> the word pitched -1 at 1.04 and +6 at 2.08 and unchanged at 3.33. Should
> I put all at +6 instead?

I mean 0:36 and 0:41 and the other occurences of the same part
(3:33, e.g). Perhaps it's not wrong, but it sounds somehow off to
me. Also the guitar hook sounds just a tad off (esp. the 2nd and
3d note).

>> You also you might want to add some EQ and compression to your
>> track (plus perhaps some reverb to the vocal) in places where the
>> vocal seems to be glued on top of the song instead of being part
>> of the song.
>>

> Any recommendations of what to EQ? Compression to the whole mix?

I would start with adding a bit of 1.5 - 2 kHz (or perhaps 2.5
kHz) in the vocal, and lose a bit of that same frequency in the
track. Not much, perhaps just 1 dB each. And then I would
compress the end result (with the voice in the track). That
should glue the whole thing together while keeping the vocals
intelligible.

>> The result is really GREAT, though!!!!! I like this song a lot!!!
>>

> Thanks Gert!

:-)

--

:-)