Bike part

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 12 14:16:21 CET 2009

Chris Strellis wrote:
> I hope the batteries and other gubbins are well secured and waterproofed
> in their little jacket.  Bikes tend to shake many things to bits
> including the riders in my experience.

The battery pack just sits in the bottom of the bag thing, with a piece
of foam between it and the plastic chassis. It can't move from side to
side so the foam just stops it hitting the PCB.. This pack sits tightly
in the bottle cage (still to test fit, but it might need a few bumpy
things in the bag to stop it sliding out the sides. I could just melt a
bump in the plastic.
I'm confident it won't fall out anyhoos :)

The little light's mounting is pretty flexible plastic, so I think that
will be ok on the 'bars. The front sus. will help.
It is waterproof enough.

As electronics is an exact science (eh?) the 2900maH pack should last
about 2.5 - 3 hours on full beam, depending on rear light if used.
On lower duty cycles (minimum is 5% duty, pretty useless with halogen
tbh), I guess that can be at least doubled. In flash modes, I guess
(exact science) run times of 5 hours+
Full beam with a 10W halogen casts good vision in utter darkness at
least 20 feet ahead (tested), unless travelling at ftl. The bulb has
possible replacements of 20W+ or down to 3-5W or so, but could also be
replaced with a power LED module instead.

Weather here is too baltic (sub-zero and snowing) to test, tho I was out
for a cycle along a hard packed snow path the other day. Bike gripped
very well in these conditions, no sliding away unless stupid.

I do hope to go skiing next week...
But I won't need the light for that ;)