S T R E L L I S - "Fugitive In A FrozenWilderness"RPM'09submission....

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 9 16:00:47 CET 2009

The more I listen to it the more I like it.  One to be proud of IMO.

Interesting info.  Did you purposely limit yourself to that setup for
this track or is that just how things turned out?

Regards,

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Strellis
Sent: 09 February 2009 14:56
To: Music-bar
Subject: RE: S T R E L L I S - "Fugitive In A
FrozenWilderness"RPM'09submission....

Hi Declan,

> Hey Chris,
>   Wow, what a track!  I cannot find fault with any part of the track.
> You have created a great atmosphere and the movement is wonderful
> throughout.  Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for your kind comments.  I did go "off-piste" with this one
(pardon the wintery pun there!)

It's all soft synths, old free ones at that and free sound fx samples.
This, from a man with loads of hardware synths!

It was mostly done on my 700MHz laptop using a Korg Nanokey for music
entry and also the QWERTY keyboard too - LOL!  I did use Cakewalk Pro
Audio 9 for MIDI purposes so I could quantize my rubbishy playing.  I
went back to ancient Adobe Audition 1.5 for mixing too as anything more
would cane the laptop too much.

Interesting challenges there as you can imagine.

Cheers

Chris