Bike part

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 8 21:41:52 CET 2009

I had a piece of bamboo lying around, so I turned it into a rear
mudguard by splicing it, heating over the stove and bending it. The
dremel carved grooves kind of work for the design and were not required
for bending. Finish is 3 coats of Danish oil and two coats of finishing
wax. Crap camera:

http://www.sphinx.f2s.com/Fender/index.html

Still needs the adjustable clamp attachment bit for the seat tube where
the copper is and may need slightly more bending, but I think it may be
ok. I'm also almost ready to lathe turn an aluminium faced, beech wood
halogen/LED lamp casing, lol.

Woody indeed.

Actually, the bamboo is very light, probably about 100g, but it's also
pretty thick and strong. Could've shaved it about half, but if you've
ever used bamboo like this, you'll know it's very, very tough to work.

Bit cheesy, but functional, unusual, and free :)