$10 laptop is not a laptop

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 5 08:42:31 CET 2009

It seems it's more like a modem with a CPU:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/04/indias-10-laptop-is-not-a-laptop?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget

"You know what was missing from the so-call "unveiling" of India's $10
laptop yesterday? Photos. Now we think we know why. The $10 laptop is
not a laptop at all, the display-less and keyboard-less prototype
device demonstrated is just a 10 x 5-inch wide slab that stores (and
apparently prints) distributed learning materials which can later be
retrieved by an impoverished child... using a laptop and paper he
can't afford to purchase..."

so that (unfortunately) explains it all..

Kai