Rage Against The Machine: UK Christmas Number 1!!

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 21 19:03:50 CET 2009

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Until artists realise that signing to that record company makes no sense.
>
> Marketing from Epic/Sony: Number 25 in the charts. Cost: in the region
> of 80-100% of all earnings
> Marketing from a random facebook user: Number 1 at christmas. Cost: zero

This makes me think of "Sales of Linux have failed to match those of proprietary
operating systems" ;)

It's funny that if RATM were making their music entirely free, there would have
been no story. Get the machine to fight itself, I guess, is one way of looking
at their relationship with Sony ;)

Tony (HB)