The gig

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 21 15:56:53 CET 2009

Finally getting around to writing about the gig over one week ago.

Earlier in the day during set up and initial sound checks etc. we
experienced some minor technical difficulties with my setup and the other
dj setup.  Both seemed to be related to latency as there were audio drop
outs and crackles when the scroll buttons on the Akai APC-40 were used.
All very strange as these issue did not occur during the week or so of
practicing.  A bit of tweaking and figuring out work arounds did as good a
job as we could although there were still audio drop outs coming from my
setup which was Lenovo SL300 laptop, M-Audio Audiophile sound card, Yamaha
AN1x used as a controller to play some VST synths, Roland SPD-S for
playing some percussion and various sounds and a Korg Kaoss Pad for
effects.

My final sound check revealed that for some reason the midi was not
working on the soundcard so I had to use a separate midi interface.  I
should have seen this as a sign of things to come as right in the middle
of my set the sound card died.  The only thing left to do was to use the
on board sound card which while it did not sound as good I was ale to
continue.  There were still come occasional audio drop outs so I'm a bit
stumped as to what the issue was as at the latter part of the set I was
just mixing MP3's and this is something I will have to iron out for the
next gig.

Anyway, besides the above mentioned issues I thoroughly enjoyed myself and
think I rocked it.  Feedback was very positive and I am looking forward to
doing it all again very soon. :-)

Regards,

Declan.