Evolution email for windows

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 15 23:31:02 CET 2009

Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:20 AM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> What do you hate about Thunderbird?
>
> I just hate using it, always have, on mac and pc. It's something about
> the UI and the way it feels, looks, reacts, and thinks about things
> that annoys me. I don't really like Firefox either so... I'm using
> chrome on pc and mac right now, but I think my favorite browser is
> Opera.

Well, I can see where you are coming from. Mozilla are more interested
in cross-platform functionality and a consistent experience across those
platforms, than sticking too much to platform-specific guidelines and such.

On the other hand, that means that you can switch platforms and have the
same look-and-feel. At some time in my life, when I was using Solaris
intensively as a desktop OS, it made sense. Nowadays, I'm used to
Firefox and Thunderbird.

For one thing, the options dialogue box of Firefox is far superior to
that of Internet Explorer. We're counting version 8 and it still sucks.
I don't like the feel of Chrome (although it is indeed fast), and Opera
used to be non-free, or sport adverts, and I never saw the point of it.

The thing is, though, that I should start considering what I want to do
with my e-mail. I'm on a couple of mailing lists, of which this one is
the only one that carries a reasonable amount of traffic. Should I
switch completely to Google Mail? Perhaps I will, in due time. But
still, I don't like the look and feel of it very much. There's something
to be said for a desktop application.

To cut a long story short, I think it's a matter of what you're used to.
Use Thunderbird enough, and you possibly wouldn't hate it so much.

- Peter