Dell 2209WA

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 9 20:47:38 CET 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:22 AM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> The Dong schreef:
>
>> Is it a re-badged Samsung?
>
> No idea, really.

Dell certainly does not make their own panels, there are only a
handful of companies that make them (Samsung being the largest) They
do build all the other guts I believe.

> Affordable e-IPS screens are few and far between; in
> fact, this is the only product that I know of. Although LG are
> supposed
> to come out with an e-IPS screen in full HD (1920x1080) resolution.

  Will most likely be 1920x1200 as that works better for computers -
I'm not sure if I could ever come back from that res for my main work
laptop - It makes my 17" just so much more useable - keep in mind I am
using complicated nested window interfaces like aftereffects. Though
if you are sitting a couple feet back it makes your eyeball want to
pop out of your head - especially if you are doing web work. I need to
figure out a new monitor soon.