Syslinux download

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 5 14:50:56 CET 2009

> My 2p: I didn't have any problems with 64bit flash or any of the
> standard desktop stuff but nearly all the music apps I use are still
> broken under 64bit - chuck, supercollider and PD gave me problems.

i'm interested in your use for puredata .. i've loaded up my favourite
pd patches on my amd box and they work very, very well on my system
(ubuntustudio-64) .. but not yet bothered with chuck on this machine
as its working great on my mac.  i'm assuming word issues are at stake
with chuck?

> There were more problems running 64 bit and I couldn't find any
> tangible benefits - it didn't even feel 'snappier' ;).  My

for me the big benefit is in being able to exploit the 8gigs of RAM,
soon to be 16, in my machine and for compiler environments and so on,
many virtualbox/qemu sessions is amazing with such amounts of RAM.

putting a whole VM in RAM, with a RAM disc, its very very fast.  so:
RAM.  :0

> recommendation at the moment is to stick with 32 bit on the desktop
> unless you've got a specific reason to go to 64.  Running on a server
> is a different matter of course.

i'd like to know more about the problems .. of course i have been able
to maintain a clean lib32 compatability layer for some things, but it
did take a little command line love, i admit ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan