ORN: LCD Soundsystem "Get Innocuous!"

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 2 21:16:09 CET 2009

Tony Scharf schreef:
> Been getting into my old catalog lately - listening to the smiths,
> depeche mode, the cure...basic oldies staples.
>
> And yeah, I guess they are oldies now.

I don't listen much to music anymore. At least not during the
day, when I'm working. To be honest, I'm getting bored and
distracted by music lately. It's not that I don't like it
anymore, but there's music EVERYWHERE these days. And that sort
of annoys me.
You can't do anything or go anywhere, and there's music playing.
Radio, tv, shops, malls, dentist, waiting rooms, the beach,
swimming pools, you name it.
I remember the time when there was no music anywhere and there
were no walkmans or mp3-players. When I came home from holiday
after 4 weeks, my record collection felt like a completely new world!

I DO listen to music sometimes late at night, when I really feel
like hearing specific songs or albums. I put my headphones on and
listen to Talking Heads, Simple Minds, The Cure, that kind of
stuff. Mostly 80's....

I still love to make my own stuff, though. Still working on that
new double DVD "Membrane" (Wave World)...
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n