Qustion to the minds of the bar

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 2 08:34:17 CET 2009

> using the same drum samples in the same
> pattern in different programs sounded different to me.   The only
> processing involved is audio mixing - no EQ or FX applied, just the
> raw adding of the signals sounded different.

This can definitely be the case.  Different programs use different
stages for processing - some even resample!  So you can't just
'assume' that just because its summing, it should be the same ..
thinking like that is just know-best.  Experience trumps know best
every time, and you've got the experience - you noticed the difference
in the first place - so why bother arguing about it?

;
--
Jay Vaughan