Metalab gets a Laser Cutter ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 31 23:09:21 CEST 2009

ibi sum schreef:

> Well, I spent Saturday night totally enthralled by the activities in
> Metalabs hardware workshop (whateverlab), due to the arrival a few
> days earlier of the monster of all DIY tools, a laser cutter!

Careful not to drool over my keyboard. :) But congratulations!

> So, this means the case-making, panels and so on are going to be *so
> much simpler* from now on .. just do the design and print it.  If
> anyone has any good designs that they want me to cut for them, just
> let me know and I'll do it .. I'm going to be making a new panel for
> the Big Box o' Red and my ASM1 synths are finally going to get their
> deserved ultra-panel .. excitement!

So, something similar to Schäffer, but then with plastic?

My experience with 2D/3D plotting so far involves a mechanical cutter,
which requires a *lot* of additional work, and 3D plots, where the
material was not suited at all for anything other than prototyping. So
it will be pretty interesting to see what you and others can come up with.

- Peter