Question Mac/Cloning HD

Don't t(h)read on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 30 15:43:27 CEST 2009

Le 25 août 09 à 17:59, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> Gert van Santen schreef:
>
>> I'm quite happy with the setup on my Macbook (Logic, Ableton and
>> the softsyths I need), and I would like to have exactly the same
>> setup on the new computer, without all of the installation
>> hassle. Mind you, this should be a bootable HD. I use Leopard.
>
> Isn't there the issue between PowerPC and Intel chips?

System wise, you have only to be careful on the way you format the
hard drive. The table partition for powerPC and intel are different
(choice at formating in the options of the Apple disk utility, but you
can clone systems (up to leopard) from one to another without fuss, as
long as the partition table is right it'll boot. (don't ask me about
making a HD that boots both powerPC and intel, I've never investigated
and found only confusing explanations till now.) Beyond this, all that
is to check is "are my apps UB or not?"

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!
No HADOPI!