New Mac Question

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 30 12:22:52 CEST 2009

Hi Peter

Peter Korsten wrote:
>> The cinematic experience that you can get with a decent projector is
>> quite different from what you see in the corporate environment. The

> Fair enough. But would you have to more or less design around the
> projector? Do you just have a projector, or a TV as well? (For instance,
> if Pascal wants to see the Teletubbies.)

We only have a projector, no TV. You certainly have to arrange your
living room accordingly, like having a sofa opposite a blank wall (or a
screen that you can lower whenever you need it). Modern projectors have
reasonably flexible lenses, so there's a bit of placement freedom. I
have mine sitting next to the sofa together with the HiFi set.

> Having to darken the room as soon as you want to watch TV is a bit of a
> bugger, and darkening something in this climate isn't particularly easy
> either, I'd imagine.

The projector does not replace the TV in its traditional role, like
having the news running in the background while you have dinner. We
really use it for watching movies: sitting down after dinner and watch
(or play a game with the playstation, which doesn't happen very
often...). Hence, the darkening comes natural, especially considering
that we'd rather sit outside on a warm summer evening when light might
be more of an issue. It really replaces cinema for us, not TV.

Pascal gets his dose of Kisvakond and Vizipok on the PC, that's enough
"TV" for us. No Tubbies allowed in this household... ;-)

Martin