New Mac Question

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 30 00:06:53 CEST 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
>> I want another one, but actually I'm holding out for a cheap
>> projector.  I don't think it'll be long before a projector will be
>> more than perfect for my studio setup ..
>
> Working in a corporate environment, I get quite a bit of exposure to
> projectors, and I cannot really see the merit in them. What makes it
> different for you?

The cinematic experience that you can get with a decent projector is
quite different from what you see in the corporate environment. The
latter is usually Powerpoint in a bright room with washed-out colours.
Since getting my own HD projector at home, the only major difference
between going to the cinema and watching a movie at home is the sound
level, and that's only because I don't want to wake up Pascal. (oh, and
I don't miss the people munching pop-corn behind me...)

Martin